The concept of transport shipping container is a container that has the strength to sustain the storage of products for shipment. They have the capacity to withstand and handle the shipment. These containers are of various types and ranges from reusable boxes to corrugated ones. If the shipping is related to international context, then it is designed to move from one mode of transport to another. This can be done without unloading or reloading.
The freight containers are, as they called reusable transport, used for moving products as well as raw materials. They are basically used between far locations and countries. But now it is seen that there are several containers that are discarded due to the shipping cost that is involved. The corrugated box containers are very common containers which are made of fire-board. It has a lightweight and can be recycled. It is very strong to ship variety of products.
Types of storage containers available
The transport shipping container forms an integral part of the shipping industry. They are used to protect the contents on long journeys ensuring that you receive it in one piece. These units may vary in structure, dimension as well as materials for varied kind of purposes. The common types of shipping containers are as follows:
- The common transport storage container that is available in various dimensions and is standardised by the shipping industry is called the dry storage containers which used to ship dry materials and are of various sizes.
- The flat rack containers are simple storage units that have collapsible sides. It can be therefore folded and made into a flat rack. It is used to ship variety of goods.
- The container that has an open top can be completely removed. It is used for goods to be shipped of any height quite easily.
- The storage units that have doors on both the ends are called as tunnel container. This type of storage container is extremely helpful in loading and unloading the materials quickly.
- There is another type of storage unit which has doors but can change into completely open sides. This gives a much wider space to load the materials.
- The double doors container is also used commonly to make wider rooms for loading as well as unloading materials. These construction materials include iron, steel etc. that are of standardised sizes.
- A specialised container that is foldable is made for the purpose of transporting and stacking materials. They are cargo storage roll container that is made of thick as well as strong wire mesh. It is available in a wide range of coloured wire meshes to make the units more cheerful.
- The tanks are used to carry liquid materials. They are used largely by the shipping industry. The materials with which they are made are strong steel and corrosive materials. This protects the materials and gives them long life.
Innovative uses of shipping containers
The transport shipping container is extensively used to transport cargo. These units are known to be recycled and then used for various innovative purposes. They are used all over the world. They are used as:
- The reprocessed inter-modal containers are used in open theaters as well as bistros. This has become a very popular trend in many places. The longevity of such theaters and bistros might not be very long but it surely gives a recreational atmosphere.
- The construction of traditional buildings in poor parts of the world is quite expensive. So containers are used for classrooms and this has become a noteworthy trend.
- The reprocessed intermodal containers are used as base structures for restaurants. They have really become very fashionable trend these days.