After a tiring day at the office, we all look forward to a comfortable and peaceful night at our home. Food, love, and sleep are the three things that help to get out of stress and feel rejuvenated from inside. Most of us are fortunate enough to have food and love in plenty, but when it comes to enjoying a comfortable sleep, we usually remain unsatisfied. Well, there are many factors that determine the quality of sleep we experience on our bed; such as, the room temperature, stress level, and comfort for sure.
Comfort is something that depends a lot on the quality of the bed mattress. In the present time, there is no dearth of mattresses in the market, not just concerning the size and shape, but types as well. Yes, there are various types available for our beds, and each has its own positive and negative aspects. Selecting an inferior quality mattress or an improper design can affect your sleep quality in a great deal. So, let us look at the types of bed mattresses available.
Bed mattress options explained
- Innerspring mattress– This type of mattress is the most commonly used ones, and it features spring coils made from steel. Several sheets of upholstery are placed over these springs, and the entire mechanism of springs act as a cushioning for the mattress. This kind of mattress renders a firmer and more comfortable support. Besides, it can also withstand a good amount of weight. As a matter of fact, innerspring mattresses are quite apt for people who are suffering from back pain. This is the reason why most of the consumers prefer innerspring mattresses for their bed.
- Pocket spring mattress– As the name suggests, the springs in this mattress are placed into individual pockets. Each spring is ensconced into a pocket, which gives rise to a honeycomb-like design. Thus, the support rendered by this mattress is even better in comparison to that of the innerspring mattress. However, in terms of durability, pocket spring is not as impressive as the innerspring.
- Memory foam mattress– In the modern world, the popularity of memory foam mattresses has surpassed the popularity of every other mattress. This kind of mattress features numerous layers, having different densities. Thus, the layers respond differently to temperature and weight. The ability of this mattress is to allow your body to sink in properly, which in turn lowers down the pressure points. In this way, it provides a lot of relief from back pain and muscle pains as well.
- Waterbed– This kind of mattress is specially designed for people suffering from back issues and asthma. If you are quite stressed up and want to feel utterly relaxed, then a waterbed can provide you with the comfort you are looking for. Just like the memory foam mattress, it also naturally molds to the shape of your body. However, the degree to which it can mould itself is even better.
- Air bed– These kinds of mattress comprise of air-filled chambers. You would not find these mattresses good enough in the long run. These mattresses are apt for frequent use only.
So, those were the five top types of bed mattress you can choose from. Before choosing one, it is important to make sure that you pick one from a renowned brand that ensures quality sleep. These mattresses come with a warranty of at least two years. Ensuring the quality of the materials used is essential, which can be done by checking out the reviews. You can also take references from your friends and neighbours.