There are tens of different pump types available in the market. You should know which pump type you need for your job. It helps you in reducing pump maintenance and operating costs and extends the life of your pump. There are different types of liquid ring pumps such as:
- Axial Flow Pumps: Incorporates compressed air to move through pipes
- Booster Pumps is used to increase the pressure of liquid that is flowing in a system.
- Bellows Pumps used to pump fluids
- Dosing Pumps delivers fluids at a very precise flow rate.
Did you know that a lot of products you use in your daily life are created by the liquid ring pumps technology? Liquid ring pump needs a compressing and methanol is used here.
Liquid ring pumps are used in the following purposes:
- Tubes: The tooth pastes and face creams that you used every day has the liquid ring pump technology. These are filled without air bubbles.
- Distillation process: various chemical substances can be attained by the distillation process and this takes place in vacuum
- De-airation: in simple terms removal of oxygen from substances. In the medical or pharmaceutical industry are prone to oxidation. These cannot be stored for a long time as it is. The oxygen content in this can be diminished by de-aeration process.
- Filtration: In the manufacturing process, many substances are developed. These substances are suspensions mixed with liquids. The extra liquids are pumped out using vacuum filters. Liquid ring pumps are used in creating vacuums for quicker filtration process.
- Crystallization: Concentration of any liquid can be increase id they are upgraded to solid-liquid mixture by evaporation technique.
Some very sensitive products are dried by freeze drying method i.e. moisture is drawn off the product by sublimation method.
How are the liquid ring pumps used in the food industries?
The filling of beer, wine, lemonade when filled in bottles and cans it must be ensured not to create froth. These containers must not have any air in it as it disturbs the filling procedure.
Sterilization of tea and spices: Tea and spices delivered in bulk usually come with insects and bacteria. So before the tea manufacturing company process the goods must be free of insects etc before processing. These goods are put in a container where vacuum is produced by using liquid ring pump. Later the sterilization gas is blown into the container. The same liquid pump is then used to pump out any gases. Liquid must be filled in containers that have been evacuated by the help of liquid ring pumps and immediately after fill it with protective gases.
Sweets production: Sweets are a mixture of sugar, glucose, water and aromatic or essence substances. Before they are hardened into hard sweets, water content must be completely removed from it. Water vapor is condensed by blowing cold water into the container and then vacuum ring pump blows it out.
Liquid vinyl chloride along with additives is added in an autoclave. Under pressure this mixture polymerizes. When the pressure is released, the remaining substances are drawn off as gas and yes to do this, liquid ring pumps are used. This article briefly tells you areas where liquid ring pump is used. This is a specialization and not everyone will understand. You must reach out to a specialist if you have a specific need so they can recommend any industrial pump. Vacuum ring pumps are also used in the plastic industry. We use plastic everywhere – from buckets to huge water containers – plastics have kind of become a way of life. PVC is the most frequently used plastic that is used to make the pumps.
This article helps you get all the details about uses of vacuum pumps and liquid ring pumps. If you want to stay updated with more information, keep in touch.