Living Rooms are one of the main areas of your home. Most people find relaxing with hot tea or coffee to be harmonious and rejuvenating for them, some prefer to end their day with a warm cup of milk sitting and enjoying near the warm fireplace. Fireplaces are unique additions to a home for generating natural heat especially during winters. Fireplaces and fireplaces mantels have been evolving over the ages. Traditional fireplaces have given way to contemporary ones. The look and feel of the fireplace and the living room has increased over the ages and mantel has become a model for smart antiques and showpieces. The problem fast life has made these cozy areas into a space where people indulge in relaxation and rejuvenation after a hard day’s work.
Fireplace mantel or the mantel piece is also popularly known as a chimney piece. This started in medieval times as a hood or a cover projected over a grate in order to catch the smoke. In modern times, this is used to refer to the decorative frame work around the fireplace, and this includes elaborate mantel pieces and antiques that extend to the ceiling. Mantelpiece includes the jamb ones, mantel shelves and external antiques or pieces of adornment that make a fireplace. Traditional fireplaces had been always big, however; lack of space has led to the antiques and mantels being added more and more here so that the ambience that is generated in alluring to the residents of the home.
Tips On Finding The Right Antique Fireplace Mantels
- Materials used in a fireplace are very important because these will reflect the light of the fire and will also brighten up the room by the burning specks of wood. Any antique of fireplace mantel that you use has to be in tandem with the rest of the décor in the area. Mismatching furniture or showpieces will look like chaos spread all over. Stone wood, marbles, slates and granite are options that you can use at the same time; these have a great reflective surface as well.
- Keep the themes simple. Sometimes, overindulging can lead to a messy feel. White is always a classy and elegant option and it can easily blend with the rest of the home. Simplicity will make the most dazzling effects at times. An old built over fireplace doesn’t mean that the life is over, you can showcase that with some antique mantels made of metals such as brass or copper. When the fireplace is in action and the sparks of the fire rise up high, they reflect wonderfully well on these smooth surfaces. The overall ambience turns into amazing.
- Sometimes tiling can also be done to enhance the look of the fireplace and it is worthwhile to mention here that the Carrera veining tends to be linear. This has to be factored in while decorating the fireplace mantels. Antiques used for the same can be matched with regards to the period of the antiques or the metal used.
- You can simply use a fireplace with polished chrome for an understated elegant feel and effect. Put up some paintings around and some vases and you are good to go!
- Traditional fireplace mantels can be teamed with corbels. It can work wonders with different stone materials too. Mosaics can also be used in the fireplace for more grandeur.
With the help of antique fireplace mantels, you can transform your fireplace into warm and inviting place. All that you need to do is to be creative and find the one that is best suited for your home setup. If you still want to know more then let’s go to the details and get some more useful information.