Stainless steel is highly durable and versatile metal used in many industries for various purposes. This metal is especially preferred for home improvement tasks because it is sturdy and easy to maintain. Apart from home improvement projects, stainless steel is also used for metal fabrication, bicycle production, custom car manufacturing and ship building.
In home improvement projects, stainless steel is used predominantly for making exterior and interior fittings such as handrails and railing. Stainless steel handrails are extremely popular due to the obvious benefits they offer. Apart from being easy to set up and install, this type of railing can be left supported by mounted posts as standalone railings or can be fixed on a handrail bracket and mounted on the wall. Some of the areas in homes and offices where stainless steel handrails are used include decks, knee walls and as guardrails for balconies.
- Stainless steel is a highly durable material – When it comes to handrails, it is important to use a durable and strong material considering the safety aspect. Stainless steel is one of the most durable materials available for this purpose. This railing is stronger than other materials such as wood as it has high tensile strength. Stainless steel handrails are also rust proof and withstand vagaries of weather therefore making them ideal for outdoor railings.
- Stainless steel is easy to maintain – One of the most easy to maintain materials, stainless steel is also aesthetically appealing. Stainless steel handrails add value and appeal to any indoor or outdoor setting. It can be kept shiny and polished just by wiping it clean and using a brush or polish to mildly brush it over. In today’s construction industry, stainless steel railings are especially preferred due to its low maintenance. All you have to do is to use a light solvent or damp cloth to wipe out the grime, dust or dirt. Stainless steel handrails will also not warp, crumble, fracture or bend over time.
- Stainless steel handrails are extremely affordable – As compared to any other building material, stainless steel railings are very cost effective. Building owners can also save money in the long run as this type of railing requires no periodic finishing. Even if exposed to extreme weather conditions like snow, rain or heat, stainless steel handrails will retain their appearance. Using stainless steel railings, cable railing or pipe railing is therefore the ideal choice for those looking for long term savings and aesthetics.
- Stainless steel railings are aesthetically appealing – The very fact that many buildings use stainless steel handrails is enough to prove its beauty, strength and aesthetic appeal. This type of railing is especially used in homes with contemporary design as it offers a modern, sleek look. Especially for open stairways, people use glass or protective plastic covering in between trendy and sleek stainless steel handrails to lend that exquisite appeal.
- Stainless steel railings are available in a variety of designs – A major advantage of choosing stainless steel handrails is that you can choose from a riot of designs based on your specific interior and exterior décor. You can find the round and square railings to complement quadrant and equilateral modern designs. With the sheer range available in the market, it is possible to create a perfect balance in any home with the right stainless steel handrails.
Stainless steel is no doubt a time tested material used for ages in buildings. Handrails made of this material are the favorite choice for home owners even though the industry is flooded with many different options.
There are other informative and innovative benefits of stainless steel handrails if you knowing more, then click here for getting this information!